IAPSC Welcomes New Member Lisa A. Fenton, MBA, MA, AVSEC PM
Security Consultant, Munich Airport International
Lisa is an experienced security project manager, advisor, and consultant. She is an expert in delivering security operations to multiple stakeholders including airport operators, security authorities, and third-party security providers.
The best way for her to learn, share, and improve is through open communication and discussion with like-minded professionals. Lisa joined the IAPSC to share her common goal to maintain optimal security for clients and the wider external environment. She believes that this association is the premier forum in which to develop and enhance offerings to clients.
“In work, I love problem-solving or should I say, challenge-solving. There are no problems, just challenges to overcome, and mutually agreeable resolutions to be found!”
Lisa delivers aviation security requirements across the entire airport and non-airport sites, existing or new builds. In construction projects, she is quickly able to review security design and clearly articulate the operational requirements of associated systems to the contractor to ensure that the configuration meets the operational needs. She catches security gaps in design; and where these cannot be resolved in construction, offers operational workarounds to meet relevant security standards.
On a personal note:
- Lisa actively volunteers with a small rescue group in her adopted home country, the Sultanate of Oman, which helps care for stray cats and dogs. On her days off from work, she can often be found driving around town leaving food for the various packs.
- In recent months, Lisa is reading about the Cold War.
- Embarking on long-distance runs energizes Lisa. Her first 100km (62 miles) was in Texas in July 2021, followed by her first multi-stage self-supported ultramarathon in August! This was 165 miles ‘shuffling’ through Big Bend State Park with her 9kg backpack, which was “an absolutely amazing and completely life-changing experience.” Marathon des Sables is next on her list in March of 2023.
Additional career experience:
Lisa has worked on multiple airport/terminal security projects setting up and delivering security operations working in multinational and multicultural settings. As a consultant, she as advises and supports every level of the industry; from extremely high-ranking individuals responsible for national security to onsite security guards.
Airport projects include:
- New Istanbul Airport, Turkey
- Muscat Intl Airport, Sultanate of Oman
- Salalah Airport, Sultanate of Oman
- Bahrain Intl Airport, Kingdom of Bahrain
- London Heathrow, UK
- London City Airport, UK
- Newark Intl Airport, USA
- Hamad Intl Airport, Qatar
- Sofia Intl Airport, Bulgaria
- She has also consulted on non-aviation high-risk facilities in the City of London and Canary Wharf, London.