The ANSI/ASIS/RIMS RA.1-2015, Risk Assessment Standard is now available.
"The Standard provides guidance on developing and sustaining a coherent and effective risk assessment program including principles, managing an overall risk assessment program, and performing individual risk assessments, along with confirming the competencies of risk assessors and understanding biases. The Standard describes a well-defined risk assessment program and individual assessments to provide the foundation for the risk management process. Seven annexes provide additional guidance for applying risk assessments and potential treatments."
Several IAPSC members contributed to this update including:
- Sean Ahrens, M.A., CPP, BSCP, CSC, Aon Corporation
- Michael Bouchard, Security Dynamics Group LLC
- Kelly Klatt, CPP, Loews Hotels
- Frank Pisciotta, CPP, Business Protection Specialists, Inc.
- J. Kelly Stewart, Newcastle Consulting LLC
- Karim Vellani, CPP, Threat Analysis Group, LLC
Learn more and access the document here.