The IAPSC is quietly active in the security industry and having a positive influence wherever we go. Upcoming events include:
At ASIS, the Board of Directors is going to be presented with some new and exciting planned measures for the IAPSC for 2015:
- ASIS Successful Security Consulting training in Atlanta. This has been a successful event in generating revenues for the IAPSC, which is particularly important this year as we are working hard to finish the year with a balanced budget.
- Secured Cities in Baltimore where IAPSC will have a booth featuring our website and volunteers who will be teaching end users how to find consultants on the IAPSC web site. I continue to look for a volunteer to facilitate a panel session to teach end users why, how and when to hire a security consultant. Thanks to Jim Clark for volunteering to facilitate the booth staffing throughout this short event
- ISC East in New York – Where the IAPSC will once again hold an abridged Successful Security Consulting training course.
- Multiple initiatives with the Security Industry Association (SIA) relative to updating IPASC/SIA AutoCAD symbols as well as looking at an update for CSI security division specifications.
- Enhancements for the website to help end users find IAPSC consultants and to enhance the stability and resiliency of the site
- A budget with a positive bottom line for 2015
- An expanded Successful Security Consulting program which for the first time ever will be held outside of the standard ASIS/ISC venues
Our committees are very active right now and I appreciate all of the work that everyone is doing.
Best wishes for a successful ASIS show,
Frank Pisciotta, CSC
President Business Protection Specialists, Inc.