Security Consultant Profile
Perform a new search
* Staples, M&A Due Diligence
* Sony Electronics Inc., Security planning and execution for 6 Olympics: Athens, Turin (Italy), Beijing, Vancouver, London, and Sochi (Russia)
* Rady Children's Hospital(Emergency Room Staff) – Defensive Tactics and Workplace Violence Prevention
* Union-Tribune - HQ security survey and system re-design
* Copley family residence - security survey and system redseign
* INSIGHTS World Conference, San Diego - Director of Security & Executive Protection Coordinator - Selected by the San Diego Chamber of Commerce to design and execute venue security for two day conference and personal protection for Margaret Thatcher, James Baker, Newt Gingrich, Maya Angelou, John Naisbett, Christopher Patten, Larry King, Tom Peters, and Soledad O'Brien. Worked with U.S. and international law enforcement and government agencies, vendors, etc.
*Contributor to World Customs Organization’s Importer & Exporter Supply Chain Security Guidelines
* Trainer, Solar Turbines Inc., (a division of Caterpillar), Human Resources Department "Workplace Violence Prevention"
* Sony Electronics Inc.; Designed and presented a two hour and four-hour "Workplace Violence Prevention" course for non-exempt and exempt employees. Personally trained over 3,000 Sony staff (supervisors to President level) nationally
Competitive Intelligence, Counterespionage, etc.
CPTED (Crime Prevention Through Environmental Design)
Emergency Planning / Disaster Recovery
Expert Witness / Litigation Support
Fraud Awareness / Detection
Loss Prevention / Shoplifting
Physical Security Surveys
Security Operations (personnel, policies, etc.)
Security Risk Assessments
Travel / Meeting Security
Educational Institutions / Schools
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Hospitality / Lodging / Resorts
Manufacturing / Industrial
Parking Garages / Lots
Transportation (Supply Chain, etc.)
Travel / Meeting
Utilities (Communication, Water, Power, Oil, Gas)
Warehouse / Distribution / Cargo
"Workplace Violence Prevention"
"Active Shooter Response"
"Supply Chain Security & Resilience: Piracy, Terrorism, Crime Prevention and Natural Catastrophes"
"Transcendental Security and Enterprise Risk Management"
"Total Supply Chain Security"
"The Business Case for Security"
"Your Role in Business Resilience"
"Trade Secrets and Industrial Espionage"
"Planning Secure Meetings"
"Security for Your Meetings, Here and Abroad"
"Corporate Security & Crisis Management: Preparedness & Response"
"Risk Management for International Meetings"
"Demonstrating Effectiveness of Security Programs"
"Employee Violence: Signals and Solutions"
"Protecting Intellectual Property"
"Crisis Management and Corporate Resilience"
Prior Speaking Experience
* Various TV and Radio Interviews on NBC (San Diego), UT-TV, KSON, KIFM, KBZT (2013/2014) concerning lung cancer, research funding, treatment, and patient support.
* “A More Secure Tomorrow,” ASIS International Chapter Conference, San Diego
* “Supply Chain Security & Resilience: Piracy, Terrorism, Crime Prevention and Natural Catastrophes”, Confederation of Finnish Industries, Association of Finnish Marine Industries and Mechanical Engineering and Metals Industry Standardization Conference on Security in International Supply Chain, Helsinki, Finland
* “Transcendental Security and Enterprise Risk Management” Organization of Women In International Trade, New York
* Invited by Singapore Government to speak at the APEC (Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation) Symposium on “Total Supply Chain Security,” Singapore
* “The Business Case for Security” ASIS International, San Diego
* “Leadership Development and Talent Management in Security, Business Continuity, and Crisis Management: Recruitment, Training, and Retention,” The Conference Board, San Francisco and New York
* Interviewed by Chief Security Officer (CSO) magazine, “To Each Nation, Its Own Security Culture”
* Interviewed by Chief Information Officer magazine, “Don’t Maroon Security”
* Interviewed by Building Operating Management magazine, “Locking-in Results”
* Interviewed by CSO magazine, “Keep It Moving”
* “Trade Secrets & Industrial Espionage” Society for Human Resources Management, San Diego
* “Workplace Violence Prevention”, The Conference Board, Marina Del Rey
* “Planning Successful Meetings,” Jamaica Expo for Meeting Planners International, Jamaica BWI
* “Security for Your Meetings, Here and Abroad,” Council of Engineering and Scientific Society Executives Annual Meeting, Miami, Florida
* Panelist/Co-Presenter with John Chen, Chairman & CEO of Sybase Inc. (now with Blackberry), for McGraw-Hill Companies Homeland Security Summit: Business & Economic Security Track: “Toward Seamlessness: Cooperation to Bridge the Value Chain & the Public-Private Divide”, Arlington ,VA
* “Corporate Security & Crisis Management: Preparedness & Response”, The Conference Board, San Diego and New York
* “Risk Management for International Meetings”, Meeting World Convention, New York
* “Demonstrating Effectiveness of Security Programs”, Corporate Security Roundtable, Security Industry Association, Phoenix, Arizona
* “Homeland Security & The Meeting Industry” Potomac Meeting Planners, Washington DC
* “Making Meetings Secure” Meeting World Convention, New York
* “Corporate Espionage & Protecting Trade Secrets”, American Corporate Counsel Association
* “Trade Secrets & Industrial Espionage” San Diego Employers Association
* Panelist with Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich - "Employee Violence - Signals & Solutions"
* South County Personnel Association - "Protecting Intellectual Property"
* San Diego Employers Association - "Protecting Intellectual Property"
* Panelist with Gray Cary Ware & Freidenrich - "Conducting Effective Investigations"
* Intercontinental Hotel's International Management Group - "International Security Management and Executive Protection”
* Designed and presented a two hour and four-hour "Workplace Violence Prevention" course for Sony Electronics Inc. non-exempt and exempt employees. Personally trained over 3,000 staff (supervisors to President level) nationally
* National Association of Temporary Services - "Workplace Violence"
* ASIS/San Diego Chapter - "International Security"
* ASIS/San Diego Chapter - "Total Quality Management in Security"
* California Association of Temporary Services - "Workplace Violence"
* Numerous presentations before San Diego City Council, the Environmental Protection Agency, California Air Resources Board, and San Diego Association of Governments concerning Air Pollution Regulations and Traffic Demand Management Ordinances
* American Institute of Architects: Book Reviewer: “Security Planning and Design”
* Butterworth-Heineman/Elsevier Publishers: Manuscript Proposal Reviewer/Manuscript Editor: Review book proposals dealing with business management or security topics. Edited and reviewed Dennis Dalton’s book: “Rethinking Corporate Security in the Post 9/11 Era”
* Wrote, Security Counsel Column, CSO magazine, “Targeting Supply Chain Theft”
* Meeting Planner's International Handbook, Chapter on Meeting Security
Premises Liability, Risk Assessments, Policies and Procedures, Workplace Violence Prevention, Active Shooter Response, Supply Chain Security, Resilience, Meeting Security, Crisis Management, Competitive Intelligence, Corporate Security, Management, Critical Infrastructure
Members of the IAPSC who specialize in security technology consulting update their knowledge of available products, features and configurations by attending a number of manufacturer sponsored seminars each year. Lodging and other travel for such training sessions are sometimes provided by the manufacturer since the manufacturer benefits from expert feedback on their products. The IAPSC does not consider acceptance of such expenses by its members in contradiction to its independence requirements, so long as the member attends training from multiple manufacturers and specifies products from multiple manufacturers.
Nothing in the IAPSC Bylaws prohibits any member from complying with any law or regulation, by any governmental or regulatory body, which requires that security consultants be registered or licensed as a private investigator or any other related security registration or license, however the member shall not practice or advertise such services.
The IAPSC has compiled this Directory as a source of names and specialties of consultants for potential clients and other members. Although IAPSC has compiled the Directory based on information supplied by the members listed and has vetted each member for compliance with the IAPSC membership requirements, it has not reviewed, investigated, or evaluated the authenticity, accuracy or completeness of the information published on each profile. The consultants listed in this Directory operate as independent agents. They are listed together here solely as a service to clients, potential clients, and other members of the Association. Resumes or curriculum vitae are available to prospective clients directly from each consultant listed.
Perform a new search