Kevin D. Murray, ia a Technical Information Security Consultant who specializes in: workplace electronic surveillance detection and deterrence (Technical Surveillance Countermeasures / TSCM, aka debugging sweeps); information security security surveys, mobile device forensic evaluations (spyware detection and data extractions), and business counterespionage consulting services.
Murray Associates – Director
August 1978 – Present (40+ years)
Providing eavesdropping / optical detection and counterespionage consulting services to business, government and at-risk individuals. Over 4000+ successful assignments completed to date. Awarded IAPSC Meritorious Life Membership in 2015.
January 1971 – August 1978 (7 years 8 months)
• Investigator (Grade I, II & III) – Conducted corporate investigations.
• Investigations Manager (NJ) – Supervised the New Jersey Investigations department (8-14 investigators).
• Director of Electronic Countermeasures Services (global)
William Paterson University of New Jersey – 1978–1981— BS, Criminal Justice. Magna Cum Laude
• NRI Radio-Electronics Course
• 2-year apprenticeship with ex-CIA Technical Operations Director
• Dektor Counterintelligence & Security School
• REI Technical Training School (multiple courses)
• Mobile Device: Threats and Security Challenges (ISACA)
• Wireless Security Seminar (ISACA)
• Computer Forensics for "High-Tech Crimes" (ISACA)
• Mobile Phone Seizure Certification Course (BKforensics)
• Cell Phone Forensics 101 (BKforensics)
• Mitigate Risk of Spear Phishing (Aujas Information Risk Services)
• Security Clearance Webinar (University of Fairfax)
• WLS Webinar (AirPatrol)
• XRY Cell Phone & GPS Forensics
• IAPSC (Annual Meeting seminars – 3-days, 1990-Present)
• NJLPIA – Investigator's Seminar
• Tektronix Spectrum Analysis Training
• Cell Phone Investigations - Rutgers University / Police Technical
• Apple Seminar - Mobile Device Management & Security
• AOC - Signal Analysis in Congested Environments
• Author – "Is My Cell Phone Bugged? Everything you need to know to keep your mobile communications private." http://www.IsMyCellPhoneBugged.com or Amazon http://tinyurl.com/IMCPB-BOOK
• Advanced Instrumentation — Murray Associates has a long history of innovations and advancements in the field of electronic surveillance detection. (http://www.counterespionage.com/about.html)
• Video Introduction to Counterespionage Services (http://www.counterespionage.com/services.html) A short video introduction which answers the most often asked questions about Murray Associates eavesdropping detection and counterespionage consulting services.
• SpyWarn™ – (http://www.spywarn.com) An Android cell phone forensic examination app. Designed to be used by anyone to determine if a smartphone is infected with surveillance spyware.
This type of spyware can:
• Monitor your text messages.
• Access your voice mails.
• Steal contact lists.
• Send fake messages.
• Make your phone dial someone.
• Text your spy revealing the length of your calls.
• Alert your spy whenever you use your phone.
• and – more at: http://www.IsMyCellPhoneBugged.com
• SpyWarn™ - Anti-Spyware Kit for Smartphones (http://www.counterespionage.com/sw.html)
SpyWarn Anti-Spyware Kit for Smartphones™ - A unique physical security protocol to increase smartphone security & privacy.
Spycam Detection Training
• SPYCAM DETECTION TRAINING™ (http://spycamdetection.training)
Basic on-line training for security and facilities managers to detect and deter video voyeurism in workplace Expectation of Privacy areas. A two-part strategy; policy implementation, and professional detection training. Also of interest to business travelers who want to check their hotel rooms.
Competitive Intelligence, Counterespionage, etc.
Physical Security Surveys
Security Risk Assessments
Travel / Meeting Security
Cultural Properties / Libraries
Educational Institutions / Schools
Financial (Banking, Insurance, Etc.)
Gaming / Casino
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Hospitality / Lodging / Resorts
Manufacturing / Industrial
Restaurants / Bars / Nightclubs
Transportation (Supply Chain, etc.)
Travel / Meeting
Utilities (Communication, Water, Power, Oil, Gas)
Warehouse / Distribution / Cargo
Electronic Surveillance Detection
Cell Phone Security
Prior Speaking Experience
IAPSC, NALI , NJLPI, ASIS, ACFE, INFRAGARD, ERI (meetings and conferences, 1980-present)
Fortune Magazine, The New York Times, USA Today, International Security News, Corporate Security, Security Management, Congressional Quarterly, Security Letter, Time, Boardroom Reports, The Washington Post, Business Finance, PI Journal, Privacy Journal, and several Internet security sites
BBC "Channel 4"
This American Life – "Spies Like Us"
CNBC - Crime Inc. - "Secrets for Sale"
WUSA "Someone is Listening"
Discovery Channel – Daily Planet
HBO Original Series – "K Street"
Discovery / Times Channel – "Someone's Watching"
Fox News – "212"
CNBC – "Crime, Inc."
TECHNICAL ADVISOR to:
HBO, George Clooney, Steven Soderbergh, ABC News 20/20, FOX News, CNN, CBS News, NBC Dateline, CNBC, Orion Pictures.
smartphone, intellectual property, information risk management, counterespionage, risk management, eavesdropping, detection, easedropping detection, TSCM, bug sweeps, security audit, information theft, business espionage, industrial espionage, electronic countermeasures, spy, spying, privacy, security consultant, WLAN, security, Wireless LAN security, office bugged, phone tapped, cell phone, forensics, cell phone bugged, phone privacy, spywarn, phone spyware, easedropping, Technical Surveillance Countermeasures, cell phone hacked, mobile phone bugged, cell phone privacy, mobile phone privacy, New York City, hack, hacked, smartphone, corporate espionage, spycam, covert video, spy camera, information security, security survey, Connecticut, CT, Delaware, DE, Maine, ME, Maryland, MD, Massachusetts, MA, New Hampshire, NH, New Jersey, NJ, New York, NY, Vermont, VT, District of Columbia, DC, Virginia, VA National, Alabama, AL, Alaska, AK, Arizona, AZ, Arkansas, AR, California, CA, Colorado, CO, Florida, FL, Georgia, GA, Idaho, ID, Illinois, IL, Indiana, IN, Iowa, IA, Kansas, KS, Kentucky, KY, Louisiana, LA, Michigan, MI, Minnesota, MN, Mississippi, MS, Missouri, MO, Montana, MT, Nebraska, NE, Nevada, NV, New Mexico, NM, North Carolina, NC, Ohio, OH, Oklahoma, OK, Oregon, OR, Pennsylvania, PA, Rhode Island, RI, South Carolina, SC, South Dakota, SD, Tennessee, TN, Texas, TX, Utah, UT, Washington, WA, West Virginia, WV, Wisconsin, WI, Wyoming, WY, Puerto Rico, PR, Virgin Islands, VI, International, Bermuda, BM, Mexico, MX, Bahamas, BS, Canada, CA, United Kingdom, UK, Portugal, PT, France, FR, Netherlands, NL, Switzerland, CH, Monaco, MC, Germany, DE, Turkey, TR, Uruguay, UY, Singapore, SG, People's Republic of China, CN
Members of the IAPSC who specialize in security technology consulting update their knowledge of available products, features and configurations by attending a number of manufacturer sponsored seminars each year. Lodging and other travel for such training sessions are sometimes provided by the manufacturer since the manufacturer benefits from expert feedback on their products. The IAPSC does not consider acceptance of such expenses by its members in contradiction to its independence requirements, so long as the member attends training from multiple manufacturers and specifies products from multiple manufacturers.
Nothing in the IAPSC Bylaws prohibits any member from complying with any law or regulation, by any governmental or regulatory body, which requires that security consultants be registered or licensed as a private investigator or any other related security registration or license, however the member shall not practice or advertise such services.
The IAPSC has compiled this Directory as a source of names and specialties of consultants for potential clients and other members. Although IAPSC has compiled the Directory based on information supplied by the members listed and has vetted each member for compliance with the IAPSC membership requirements, it has not reviewed, investigated, or evaluated the authenticity, accuracy or completeness of the information published on each profile. The consultants listed in this Directory operate as independent agents. They are listed together here solely as a service to clients, potential clients, and other members of the Association. Resumes or curriculum vitae are available to prospective clients directly from each consultant listed.