Bo Mitchell – CEM, CPP, CHS-V, CBCP, CSI-ML, HSEEP, CNTA, IAC, MOAB, CHSP, CHEP, CSHM, CESCO, CHCM, CFC, CSSM, CSC, CAS, TFCT3, CERT, CHSEMR, CMC
Mitchell Park, 20 Indian Hill Rd.
Wilton, CT 06897
Visit LinkedIn profile
Bo Mitchell was Police Commissioner of Wilton, CT for 16 years. He retired in February 2001 to found 911 Consulting which creates emergency, disaster recovery, business continuity, crisis communications and pandemic plans, plus training and exercises for organizations like GE HQ, Hyatt HQ, MasterCard HQ, four colleges and universities plus 25 secondary schools. He serves clients headquartered from Boston to LA working in their facilities from London to San Francisco. Bo has earned 22 certifications in homeland security, emergency management, disaster recovery, business continuity, safety and security. He also serves as an expert in landmark court cases nationally.
Emergency Planning / Disaster Recovery
Expert Witness / Litigation Support
Security Risk Assessments
Terrorism / Counter Terrorism
Educational Institutions / Schools
Financial (Banking, Insurance, Etc.)
Healthcare / Pharmaceutical
Manufacturing / Industrial
Topic Highlights for Bo Mitchell’s Presentations
1. Protecting Your People, Property, Productivity & Your Posterior
2. In Emergency Response, Great Plans Are a Smart Thing; Training Is Everything!
3. Workplace Violence + Active Shooter: It’s About You, Your Management and Your People
4. Active Shooter in Your Workplace – Tactical Planning and Response
5. Workplace Violence: It’s About You, Your Management and Your People
6. The 17 Gaps that Sabotage Your Emergency Plan & How to Fill Them
7. Active Shooter: How Do Your People Respond?
8. Crisis Communications: Always Acknowledged, Never Planned or Trained
9. 4 Black Swans in 170 Days: Hurricane Sandy, Sandy Hook, Winter Storm Nemo and the Boston Marathon Bombing What does it all mean to us now?
10. Dangerous Disconnect: The Public & Private Sectors Don’t Understand Their Partnership in Emergency Response Readiness
11. State of Readiness in the Private Sector: A Train Wreck…What that Means to You.
12. Protecting Your Workplace’s Special Needs Personnel during Emergencies.
13. Interactive Tabletop Exercise: Active Shooter, Chemical Spill, Natural Disaster, etc.
14. 3 Active Shooters on 3 Connecticut Campuses in 29 Days…What does it mean for YOUR campus?
15. America Is a Third World Country for Workplace Emergency Response
16. “Hey, Boss, Is This a Drill?” The 10 Most Overlooked (and Dangerous) Safety Problems Most HR Pros Miss
17. Physical Security—What’s new Threat-Wise, What’s Trending
18. The Fatal Flaw in Your Active Shooter Response
19. The “It Will Never Happen to Us” Deadly Lie
Prior Speaking Experience
See this link for upcoming engagements and presentation history-
Planning, Training, Workplace Violence, Active Shooter, Emergency Management Preparedness,
Members of the IAPSC who specialize in security technology consulting update their knowledge of available products, features and configurations by attending a number of manufacturer sponsored seminars each year. Lodging and other travel for such training sessions are sometimes provided by the manufacturer since the manufacturer benefits from expert feedback on their products. The IAPSC does not consider acceptance of such expenses by its members in contradiction to its independence requirements, so long as the member attends training from multiple manufacturers and specifies products from multiple manufacturers.
Nothing in the IAPSC Bylaws prohibits any member from complying with any law or regulation, by any governmental or regulatory body, which requires that security consultants be registered or licensed as a private investigator or any other related security registration or license, however the member shall not practice or advertise such services.
The IAPSC has compiled this Directory as a source of names and specialties of consultants for potential clients and other members. Although IAPSC has compiled the Directory based on information supplied by the members listed and has vetted each member for compliance with the IAPSC membership requirements, it has not reviewed, investigated, or evaluated the authenticity, accuracy or completeness of the information published on each profile. The consultants listed in this Directory operate as independent agents. They are listed together here solely as a service to clients, potential clients, and other members of the Association. Resumes or curriculum vitae are available to prospective clients directly from each consultant listed.